Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Just when you don't think it can get any worse

DH went to pay off the balance today.  Later he mentioned that he ran into the doctor who did my retrieval, who was very sympathetic about my failed cycle. The doc also mentioned that my Reserve had "drooped from 0.8 to 0.3",WHAT????????? My last test (done 2 years ago) was 1.2 which was normal low--when did it become 0.8, and subsequently 0.3?? This came as a huge shocker to me. However the credibility of these numbers is yet to be questioned, I don't recall anyone ever ordered a AMH, unless this was done as part of the regular blood draw in my cycles???  BUT  just a few weeks ago while at morning monitoring I had asked my RE what my current AMH number was, he responded that they haven't gotten a new one done, but we should get a new AMH test done.
So how do I suddenly have this alarmingly low number? And when did this even happen? Moreover,
if the AMH had such significant drop, why wasn't I ever notified by anyone at the clinic?? I might have not gone though with the cycle and instead, approached other options like DE........
I really, really hope the RE make a mistake.  But if he didn't, and it is indeed my very cruel reality, then I shall accept it and move on to other paths.  Meanwhile, our Denmark trip might not happen because they don't accept patients with certain high FSH number which coincide with AMH.
I'm making a follow up appointment with the RE to find out the facts hopefully early next week. 

  

 GREEN Above the 25th centile for younger, fertile women. Very likely normal ovarian reserve - age is best predictor of your future fertility. 80% chance of 6 or more eggs in IVF.
 ORANGE Between the 25th and 10th centiles for younger, fertile women. Some women in this range will have reduced ovarian reserve. 50% chance of 6 or more eggs in IVF.
 RED Below the 10th centile for younger, fertile women. Very likely reduced ovarian reserve. 20% chance of 6 or more eggs in IVF.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment