Sunday, December 23, 2012

In preparation for our 5th IVF

We are planning on doing our 5th IVF this February.  After my 8th IUI, I needed a good rest, so we are switching to non-medicated IUIs for now. If everything goes as planned, we should be doing a b2b insemination sometime next week, and another one in late January.
I've gone back to read a blog that I've written about in the previous post.  She wrote about her 4th failed IVF, and she was heart broken. I feel so sad, and so so puzzled as to why IF happens to someone so healthy, willing ready and dying for a baby in her arms, it's like seeing myself all over again. With my 4th IVF, we used our first ds, and the fertilization rate was terribly low, out of 8 eggs they retrieved, we only had 2 that were in normal development.  RE said if that cycle fails, I should "consult with someone". Well, that was a BFN. So with the current donor, who actually has plenty birth report, at least he is fertile. Our old donor apparently had never been requested, nor had any birth report.
I can't imagine the paralyzing pain and disappointment she is experiencing, especially at this time of the year where everyone is praying for a miracle baby... when is this going to end...?? I pray, even though I am not a god believer, for someone who is so strong in her religious sentiment who truly deserves to be blessed....

No comments:

Post a Comment