Friday, December 21, 2012

New blog look, new cycle

I had been wanting to get the blog to look a little better. Phew!

3 Years ago when I started my first IVF, we thought that we were going to be parents so soon, and now look where we are.  I'm often sad, sometimes discouraged and pessimistic about the upcoming cycles.  I have been stalking other good blogs to try to reduce pressure by relating to other ladies undergoing such unpleasant and dreadful journey.

This particular blog I read often, is by a young lady who is married to a very handsome gentleman, they are too beautiful to not have had a child.  Sometime I feel like reaching out to her, but through reading her blog, I sense that she is only writing it for herself, even though the world can access it...I suppose people do leave comments, and I have left her a few anonymous words.  What infertility does to women, is both detrimental to the inside and the outside--the treatments, the hope, the disappointment and the physical change--this was not part of the plan! So if you stumble upon my blog, I hug you and I want to let you know, you are not along, you are brave and your future child is going to be so lucky... Back to this lovely person, I really hope she is knocked up soon, man, that would make me happy (and a little sour, well I can't help it..).  The reason why I  relate well to her, is that both of us are 30, both of us have been checked out to be perfect; both of us have great support (hubbies woohoo!) and both of us underwent SO MANY ivf--This may sounds funny but if you undergo IVF, the chance for success is near 50% (also depend on the quality of eggs, sperm, uterus lining, etc.), so to have multiple failed cycles, the pressure to succeed is huge enormous.
 
I was a bit shattered when Kate Middleton was announced to be expecting (with twins?) Because I thought for sure I would be pregnant before she does, I mean, imagine the pressure her UTERUS has been getting! So, it does happen for people who are trying hard..!

Lastly, a little update, we are doing our 9th iui (boy the number does rack up quick!), with no medication to prepare for the IVF in February.


No comments:

Post a Comment