Friday, March 8, 2013

The dream-complication

I'm officially a patient of CHR, that's great, with my own research it seems like the DHEA I'm prescribed has done much good for women (particularly older women) with egg quality issues. While I'm possibly suffering from Premature Aging Ovaries Syndrome(PAO), it is different from Premature Ovarian Failure (POF).  My tests will tell, hopefully the Dr. is right about PAO.
 Here's the headache, it's not even a limbo because we literally have no choice but to compromise to our priority--making some kids.
After my recent IVF, we decided to go to Denmark.  With extensive research and communication with the doctor at Copenhagen fertility center, we were planning on doing cycle(s) there during the summer.  However, since our consultation and subsequently my diagnose, it seems to make sense to give CHR a try.  I have never ever had a doctor who was so confident about the eventuality of us getting pregnant, nor anyone able to give answers on what the heck is wrong.  I want to maintain our objectivity and work with science, knowing Jesus or Buddha are probably on our side too...if DHEA is my answer (and it seems to have positive effect) I'm willing to give it a try, with the understanding that there is not guaranty for success with CHR.
Now the chase: we have bought round trip tickets that are not refundable one week before the consultation happened. Bummer.  Now, we can either go and come back, or we can change the flight dates, which of course depends on my cycle calendar (which can only be very approximate at this point). Assuming everything goes awesomely, we would probably be having our cycle in May, which means we can leave in June, regardless what the outcome is with our cycle. So I'm already nervous about changing the tickets to a June date then something else comes along...life is just SO unpredictable sometimes :( The Dr. said from his initial observation, I am not in the rapid decline group of women suffering from PAO; however whether the decline is smooth or rapid, my ovaries are going down, and the sooner we have kids the better it is --who knows one day they just decided to go bananas once for all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment