Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Beta 3 biopsy update*

As I made the appointment for Thursday this week, for the biopsy with Dr. Wang at Sher, a friend from FB group said I should definitely double check with my nurse regarding the timing (I counted day after retrieval as DAY1) . BOY WAS I GLAD I DID. Turns out, that the retrieval day isn't necessarily the ovulation day, but the best collection time is ONE WEEK after the retrieval, so I would have missed the time frame if I did it on Thursday. Quickly I dialed Sher, somehow by the grace of fertility god, they were able to switch my appointment to Tuesday (today), and they already have the kit!
The morning snow made our commute from PA to NY hellish but otherwise great. Dr. Wang collected tissue from my very stubbornly tilted uterus, the collection was nothing but a tiny cramp. And I was done, out of da door. They are sending out the sample today, the result should be in in a week. I'm gonna try not to think about it until the result is here...

No comments:

Post a Comment