Thursday, February 6, 2014

Have a slap, will travel--rant from a hormonally tipsy woman

The past 3 days have been a windwhirl for us. First I completely forgot my 2nd U/S & blood draw; rushed down to the OB's other office only to realize that they don't do LH, Progesterone and E2.  The receptionist was SUCH A BITCH I so much wanted to slap her-- excuse my offense but when I called the Dr's office to see if I can still catch her for the ultra sound and blood, she mumbled something about "she's not sure if my insurance covers the blood tests", I thanked her for being "concerning" but my priority is to get the tests done and faxed to CCRM so they could call me with the instruction of the stim.  I got off the phone never suspected anything else. 40 minutes later, she sees me in person and said, "oh, we don't do these tests here." I was like, "WHAT?" Then she proceeded to say that she was"trying to tell me that on the phone, but I got mad at her."
?????  what the what???
Do I live in the same world as his woman? If she knew the tests couldn't be done, why couldn't she call me and tell me that while I was on my way? She has my complete contact on file! 
So I quickly started to look for a nearby lab that could do the tests and fax in the result on the same day. The receptionist then said there is a lab down the road that can probably do it, but she WOULD NOT GIVE ME THE NAME OR THE NUMBER OF THE PLACE!??! She insisted that I wait for the nurse. AND I WAITED 35 MINUTES FOR THE NURSE. When the nurse finally came out, she repeated the absolute same verdict, now my time is ticking and I fear that I might not get the tests done in time.

But luckily we were able to go to the hospital, and the lab did eventually fax in the results, and I was able to get a call from CCRM.........
We flew in yesterday. Flight was 2 hrs late. It was scheduled to arrive at 5pm, we were planning to drive up, settle in and see friends for dinner. At 630, we were still waiting for our luggage, at 715 we were finally on the bus to the car rental place. As "preferred member", I guess you get an email about your already arranged car position, so the driver can drop you off with your car ready. We never got an email. So I called the office, gentleman on the phone said,"oh, sorry, the email will be sent to you in the next 5min." Next 5 minutes, nothing. So I called again, as our shuttle is now approaching the preferred member drop off zone.  A lady got on the phone and gave me this mumble jumble about us pre-paying with our credit card, so we have to go in with a proof of the card to get our car, which COMPLETELY defeats the purpose of their advertised "preferred member service".
After we FINALLY FINALLY got into a SUV, started to drive away, we realized the tire pressure on 3 wheels are low, so we had to turned around to get a new car.......we made to the dinner at 820pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment