Thursday, March 7, 2013

Conclusion from the first consulation at CHR with Dr. G

Today's consultation with Dr. G at CHR was possibly the best money we have ever spent in dealings with infertility.  He was very clear, articulate, and on top of that, very confidant.
Here are his conclusions from the consultation--
1.  I am one of the 10% women suffering from "Premature Aging ovaries Syndrome".
2. One of my genetic tests previously done for "fragile eggs" actually revealed a pattern-sequence unrelated to Fragile Eggs, but to Premature Aging Ovaries Syndrome, which was never caught by the other fertility center -- that pattern could have indicated a reason for my poor egg quality 2 years ago at the very beginning of our treatment.  Although the nature of the link as to why it causes the syndrome is not well understood.
3. Fertilized embryos might also be triggering an over-active autoimmune response after the embryo attempt to implant.  (Friendly fire??)
4. My husband's sperm is good, even though they are harvested from TESE. There is no need for donor sperm.
5. We might be having "our" children soon after all.
6. "There is nothing "wrong" with me, I'm just a little different..." (Quote the Dr.)

Here's what I am looking forward of doing--
1. Start DHEA 3xday for 6-8 weeks with monthly monitoring. (Because of the iui, I want to be certain before starting it.)
2. Tests to be done: Hysterosonogram;  pap smear; complete physical; FSH on CD2.. and more, I'm sure.

Here's what I am NOT looking forward of doing--
1. CHR does not accept our insurance, nor it files on our behalf, so we now have to learn the business of filing our own claims with Blue Cross (I see headaches already).
2. We have already bought our flight fare, now we might have to rethink EVERYTHING (Well worth the cause if it really works out of course).

Someone's going to chewing on a piece of fat steak tonight..

Nice touch of the two doctors :)

No comments:

Post a Comment