Wednesday, May 28, 2014


2 CCS normals out of 3 tested. We are so relived...need some time to digest this new found fortune..:D

No word yet

No signs of the email from CCRM yet.....

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What now?

While waiting for our ccs results I contacted my nurse to see if Dr.Surrey could email the result. The answer is yes he could email and notify us when the results become available but not the details, so when I get the notification we'll dial in to speak with him, which is fine.
I'm nurvous about the outcome obviously , but this is the most important step for us on our ivf journey so far, I want to remain  strong for what's coming next...

Monday, May 19, 2014


Embie lady called just as we sat down for lunch.
3 blasts biopsied and frozen, awaiting CCS.
Curiously, nothing yield out of this cycle, the 3 blasts were all from the previous 5 Day2 frozen ones.
Anyway we are happy to welcome our first milestone. Almost as soon as I hang up the phone, something inside of me started to feel very attached to our 3 embie, as if I just want them back in now and never mind the CCS :)
I'm holding on sharing my report with the group until  a few more ladies get their new, hopefully all great news!

Just for the nerve...

Likily our day 5 report will be disappointing, since the issues we are dealing with are fairly critical. I just want to give myself and S a mental hug, while waiting for the final verdict. We did good and although we will be saddened by another empty dream, we will collect ourselves and move on.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

What makes me happy---

--is to hear BFP from my fellow ivf bay jumpers :) Meanwhile I'm nervous about our big report tomorrow. I would like to see our little embryos growing healthy and strong and ready to be back to their mamma, but hey we are the 1%ers ready to go to the donor route...

Friday, May 16, 2014

Small update

As of yesterday, out fert-report remains almost the same:

1 fertilized--being observed for development
2 matured overnight with ICSI--uncertain of fertilization, likely not
6 matured with ICSI--uncertain of fertilization, likely not
5 day1 frozen embryos from cycle1-- thawed well and being observed for development

Monday will bring the punch line of out final attempt against what was said to be less than 1% chance(not by CCRM) for S and I to have children through IVF...I guess I will now go and enjoy my weekend?

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Fert report:[ not the best news in the world

Well here we go-
13 retrieved, 7 matured;1 fertilized normally; 2 matured over night that will have ICSI; there are 6 eggs will be observed to see if normal division takes place, however chance is slim.
Embie lady will call tomorrow about the late comers, Ugh!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Dejavu-13 eggs again!

Retrieval went really well, I had no spotting  whatsoever afterward:) I slept for almost a hour after the retrieval, ha..blame on the nice nurse lady who let me doze! :)

I have to give it to the patient care/anesthesiologists/embryologists, they are an excellent team of doctor and nurses. They truly make me feel that amongst their crazy long list of patients, somehow, I mattered. And I can always count on their warm and caring hands to bring us good news..
 Sometime early tomorrow we will be getting the call from the embryologist, probably on our way to the airport. I'm so nervous to find out the fertilization rate from this round because we used sperms from TESA, rather than from PESA, which requires more work by the embryologist. And the sample is about 3 years older than the last sample used. That being that, we have no regret to have devoted our hail Marry effort with CCRM, no one ever retrieved 13 eggs from me, TWICE!

Regardless what the fert report is, they will take our 5 embies out from the last cycle and together grow with whatever matured and fertilized from this cycle into hopfully blats and biopsy for CCS. That still sounds like a long road down, but at least we are over with the retrieval part.

 If miracles do happen, which I find it hard to imagine now, I don't know how I would feel, having been a IVF loser for all this time and being told our chance is less than 1%..I just don't know how I would feel. I do know how I would feel if we don't find light in these two cycles, we'll move on to have children, even if they are not complete biological...

Monday, May 12, 2014

Ready to unload

The anesthesiologist called this evening to see if I had questions concerns before the retrieval. Now the idea of our final IVF is really sinking in.

Sunday, May 11, 2014


Just got the call from the nurse with instructions, and apparently I am triggering tonight.
Apparently my E2 number only rose a little, and it represent the numbers plateauing, so they want to trigger me before I lose all the eggs. My trigger time is 12:15am,  ET on Tuesday.
Last call for the eggs!

CD11 U/S & blood

E2 shot up from the 700's to 2210 yesterday, everything looks pretty good. I have one follie at 25, they are going to let that one decide its own fate while continue to let the rest grow. We are looking at 3 more days of stim? The nurse said by tomorrow we'll have a pretty good idea of the ER date.

Follie scan pic! Ha, no they are our squash soup lunch ;)

Saturday, May 10, 2014

CD 9 first U/S

Follie count: There are (I misplaced the sticky pad paper the nurse wrote the numbers on) 4 midium size follie on each side, with a few smaller ones tagging along.

Dosage: Dr. S cut my Folistim from 300 to 150, well that's never happened before...I wonder if this will cause a longer stim period?

Unwanted surprises: Oh just one of those "dip" in my oven the nurse noticed today and said dr. S will have to decide if it's polyp that needs to be removed (thankfully it could be done during ER).

More Unwanted surprises: Both of us had to update/pay for the "communicable" blood again because it's been 6 months since we did it, an extra $750 big ones, ouch :( I don't understand why we can't opt out of this.. it's just so expensive when we both know it's completely unnecessary.

Looking forward: Going to see friends tomorrow for dinner! :)
Not looking forward: The SNOW:(

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Still packing

I'm such a bum. I haven't even started packing. I've been mentally going through things we need for the week though.... Oh and guess what, it's going to SNOW in Denver! HAha...ha......-_-
All my number came back today looking normal, E2 761 Prog 0.2 and LH 5.1, my dosages are to remain the same until future notice.
Denver here we come again.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Flying out

I'm packing(not really) for the Friday flight. This time around we are staying at The Element instead if Staybeidges. They gave a good rate for a full kitchen and one King BR + free breakfast, so yeah!
I'm curious to see my Thursday scan, having read do much about protocol 6, I'm a little worried about mdl as suppose to Cetrotide. But oh well. 

Monday, May 5, 2014

Latest IVF sighting

"The Veep" and "The Simpsons" both included ivf scenes, um, they were staged so sadly:/ 
I'm having some annoying cramp since the Lurpon jabbs. This morning I officially started Menupor, it sort of left a huge smug in my head, or maybe just the emotions...

Friday, May 2, 2014