Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Plan B?

My RE sat down with us, described what when wrong and what went right. It is still devastating the way things turned out for us. And it is the first time we don't have anything to transfer.  Is this a sign of a worsened fate?
 He gave us a list og things that went right or wrong--
The right:
1. 2 egg at exact correct stage at retrieval.
2. Husband's sperms are in good shape, and able to to fertilize.
The wrong:
1.  One of the two eggs fertilized but failed to divide properly. (chromosomal issues?)
The "so so"
1. I produced two good eggs under this low stim (Clomid+Gonal F) protocol, it's borderline ok.

His next attempt is to reduce Clomid; increase Gonal F, and possibly add Estrace Patch.  I wonder if we will have to go to a local lab now to monitor the eggs this time.

for the first time yesterday, I thought "maybe this is it for me."  I'm 31 years old and I have had 7 failed IVFs, what more can I do? How much longer should we try?? Hubby says keep trying until we succeed like with everything else, I love him for that, and I want to believe him, I really really do...but things just don't turn out the way it does with so many other women...

Sunday, June 23, 2013

It doesn't look good

The call came in this morning confirmed terrible news.  The eggs aren't properly developing, we have to come in at noon to talk to them. I'm tried and sad, and feeling nauseous about our future in infertility.  We might never have our babies, after 5 years of struggle and 7 IVFs. How much is too much and when should we give up?

Saturday, June 22, 2013

ER -- the good, the bad and the ugly.

I've always read about women who undergo ER without full anesthesia suffering terrible, agonizing pain, and I've always been put under for retrievals for that reason. Yes, I'm a wuss. However I had not realized that CFC does local anesthesia only, which it felt non-existent anyway when the needle started to poke around.  I was in so much shock and pain, that DH and the nurse had to hold me tight during the 5 minutes procedure.
When we finally left the resting room, as I walked pass the retrieval room palely, I could hear someone moaning loudly in there...
The good news is we have two good eggs retrieved after 8 days of 100 clomid and 3 days of 150 Gonal F, and my husband's TESE was very satisfactory with plenty live sperm. Now we wait for the call on Monday to see if the transfer will occur.
This is the worst part for me, because we have always had less than 13% normal division rate in the past 6 IVFs. But we have always had at least 1 embryo to be transferred. I begged the differ this time..
If I have to do this again, I'm going to be knocked out, and I don't care how much it costs.:(

Friday, June 21, 2013

ET tomorrow

This cycle I triggered on CD 11, 8th day out of the stim-- as result of a large leading follicle over the rest.  Rather than sacrificing the lead follicle to save the rest, they decided to trigger earlyso at least there will be one mature egg. The reason being-"if the leading follicle bursts, the sudden surge of LH might lead to the collapse or premature ovulation of the rest of the follicles..." that's what I was told.
One doctor was certain we can only save one good egg, while another smiles and reassures us we'd get several good eggs.  I can feel my LO getting more swollen, just hoping some miracle growth for the other follicles.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Trigger tonight!!

Today's scan-- several small follicles in total (10-12), with one exceptionally large at 17, they decided to trigger tonight and have the egg retrieval this Saturday at 845 in the morning. There is a good chance we will only retrieve one good egg due to the advanced follicle size, or Viking Gods helping, we get several mature eggs. WHO KNOWS??
Bills paid so far:
Consultation + scan + DH blood draw:1245 DKK ($221 USD)
Clomid + Gonal F: 450 DKK ($80 USD)
Ovidre: 350 DKK ($62 USD)

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Second trip to Copenhagen for Micro IVF

So...we missed our flight by taking direction from our GPS and ran into multiple car accidents on the way to Charles De Gull. Had to get to another airport in order to get into Copenhagen last night. The flight, while it's lucky that we were able to find seats on the evening flight, it was delayed 2 hrs. By the time we rolled out of the Metro it's near 2 am.
Going in tomorrow fir my first in cycle scan! No blood! O0

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Enter the cycle

I love whenever I call Copenhagen the dr.asks--"what can I do for you?" I'm to start Clomid in 2 days, as well as Gonal F. On the 8th day of Clomid he'll see us at the clinic. Oh, and no scans until then (what a relief!) Booked our round trip flights and accommodation already!

Friday, June 7, 2013

3 more days or so

3 more days before the AF, hopefully. This is one of the longest cycles I've ever waited!