Saturday, June 22, 2013

ER -- the good, the bad and the ugly.

I've always read about women who undergo ER without full anesthesia suffering terrible, agonizing pain, and I've always been put under for retrievals for that reason. Yes, I'm a wuss. However I had not realized that CFC does local anesthesia only, which it felt non-existent anyway when the needle started to poke around.  I was in so much shock and pain, that DH and the nurse had to hold me tight during the 5 minutes procedure.
When we finally left the resting room, as I walked pass the retrieval room palely, I could hear someone moaning loudly in there...
The good news is we have two good eggs retrieved after 8 days of 100 clomid and 3 days of 150 Gonal F, and my husband's TESE was very satisfactory with plenty live sperm. Now we wait for the call on Monday to see if the transfer will occur.
This is the worst part for me, because we have always had less than 13% normal division rate in the past 6 IVFs. But we have always had at least 1 embryo to be transferred. I begged the differ this time..
If I have to do this again, I'm going to be knocked out, and I don't care how much it costs.:(

No comments:

Post a Comment