Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Plan B?

My RE sat down with us, described what when wrong and what went right. It is still devastating the way things turned out for us. And it is the first time we don't have anything to transfer.  Is this a sign of a worsened fate?
 He gave us a list og things that went right or wrong--
The right:
1. 2 egg at exact correct stage at retrieval.
2. Husband's sperms are in good shape, and able to to fertilize.
The wrong:
1.  One of the two eggs fertilized but failed to divide properly. (chromosomal issues?)
The "so so"
1. I produced two good eggs under this low stim (Clomid+Gonal F) protocol, it's borderline ok.

His next attempt is to reduce Clomid; increase Gonal F, and possibly add Estrace Patch.  I wonder if we will have to go to a local lab now to monitor the eggs this time.

for the first time yesterday, I thought "maybe this is it for me."  I'm 31 years old and I have had 7 failed IVFs, what more can I do? How much longer should we try?? Hubby says keep trying until we succeed like with everything else, I love him for that, and I want to believe him, I really really do...but things just don't turn out the way it does with so many other women...


No comments:

Post a Comment