Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Dejavu-13 eggs again!

Retrieval went really well, I had no spotting  whatsoever afterward:) I slept for almost a hour after the retrieval, ha..blame on the nice nurse lady who let me doze! :)

I have to give it to the patient care/anesthesiologists/embryologists, they are an excellent team of doctor and nurses. They truly make me feel that amongst their crazy long list of patients, somehow, I mattered. And I can always count on their warm and caring hands to bring us good news..
 Sometime early tomorrow we will be getting the call from the embryologist, probably on our way to the airport. I'm so nervous to find out the fertilization rate from this round because we used sperms from TESA, rather than from PESA, which requires more work by the embryologist. And the sample is about 3 years older than the last sample used. That being that, we have no regret to have devoted our hail Marry effort with CCRM, no one ever retrieved 13 eggs from me, TWICE!

Regardless what the fert report is, they will take our 5 embies out from the last cycle and together grow with whatever matured and fertilized from this cycle into hopfully blats and biopsy for CCS. That still sounds like a long road down, but at least we are over with the retrieval part.

 If miracles do happen, which I find it hard to imagine now, I don't know how I would feel, having been a IVF loser for all this time and being told our chance is less than 1%..I just don't know how I would feel. I do know how I would feel if we don't find light in these two cycles, we'll move on to have children, even if they are not complete biological...

No comments:

Post a Comment