Wednesday, May 22, 2013

IVF Copenhagen day 2--the consultation, part 1??

We showed up at the center 15 minutes early, thinking that would be enough time to fill some paperwokrs etc, but there weren't any. We sat in the waiting room until the doctor came out to greet us (on time!) Because my records never arrived, he wanted to read through my records first, and meet again tomorrow at 8am (we leave Denmark in the afternoon), then discuss further treatment plan. Basically--

1. The fertility practice here in Denmark tend to be very causal, often single sheet of paper would contain all of the test results for the patient. They try to make things as easy as possible for the patients. (My records are about 5 inches thick, yes, let's consolidate and save some trees.)
2. To my age group, they usually only transfer 1 embryo, but up to 3 maximum.
3. They only do day 2 transfer, unless there is a large number of eggs (which is unlikely in my case, since I'm shooting for a micro low stim protocol anyway).
4. They no longer take blood test (during stim??)
5. We can get monitored in France where we are before the retrieval week, it requires very little monitoring during that period (something like one ovarian ultrasound)
6. If anything happens to me during the retrial or treatment, I'm covered under their insurance.
7. We have to stay in Denmark for a fall retrieval/transfer week.
8. We will meet at 8am tomorrow, then he will give us his full thoughts after going through the paper works.
Now I feel like I'm more suspended in air.

No comments:

Post a Comment