Friday, February 7, 2014

Decision time

My ultra sound showed rather dim outcome today, the lead follicles in both ovaries are growing fast, leaving the rest behind. In the regroup with Dr.Surrey, we were advised these options:

A. Go through with retrieval
   > fresh transfer?
   > bank whatever comes out?
B. Cancel the cycle and try a new cycle on protocol 6
C. Go straight to DE (this is an open option for us since the begining)
Despite the struggles with labs, meds and coordination, I was really hoping for something more encouraging, but we have to face our reality and make the best decision for ourselves.
Dr. Surrey thinks I might trigger on Sunday and have retrieval on Tuesday. The best we can get is the two leading, and maybe a few larger ones.
Update: the nurse thought that the doctor might have forgotten about my testosterone priming, in which case I can't do a fresh transfer, so we are now mostly looking at FET.
Why couldn't things be just black & white?

MORE UPDATE:
 Dr. Surrey revealed to us in our regroup today that their new CCS policy now requires 3 cycles (frozen, frozen and fresh), and they have made the price more affordable for patients.
I CAN NOT  imagine going into my 11th IVF. At this point, we have changed our direct drastically, we are NOT doing CCS, but will go through with a retrieval.  If fresh transfer isn't an option, and we have some quality embryos, we will do a FET.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry you're having such a hard time. I'll be praying, wishing and hoping that it all turns out well. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, never imagined it would be this difficult. We are doing well, ready to move on with no regret.:)

    ReplyDelete