Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Post consultation & the ongoing IVF

We had a simple and reassuring phone consultation with the doctor at the Copenhagen Fertility Center. I called the hospital at 9:30am (3:30 CET), and a receptionist quickly transferred me to the doctor.  While he was very confidant that short IVF would be the more appropriate in my case, he apologized for the price of the drugs being so high in Denmark (8000DKK=1428USD), I almost laughed -- my IUIs costs that much per cycle not including the drugs!  My clinic doesn't even thaw the sperms for free-- I have to pay for the thawing (which, they take it out and put it in a little oven, booya! $100!)  So far, my hanging heart is able to settle a little thinking into the future, the uncertain future. 
I'm currently 3 days on stim (2Clomid+450Folistim+Menopur).  I can feel things happening inside, it even irritates when I sit or bend forward.  Now my biggest fear is not whether it succeeds or not, but am I going to recover from the heavy Stimulation again?  I have read people entered into early menopause due to fertility drugs, what if my body stop working on its own thereafter?

No comments:

Post a Comment