Thursday, January 31, 2013

Trigger tonight, it's on.

I'm anxious.  I have been looking at the clock on top of the piano all afternoon, because we are triggering tonight at 10pm sharp.  I've been getting some warm prayers from my friends, and god, if you are holding your remote on me, let this be my turn, that's all I am ever going to want to take a short cut on...
So far we have a total of 12 eggs on both side; right ovary is nice and perky; left is a bit timid (as usual), but we have 12 eggs, so that's good.  However this is not even the beginning yet, our challenges include 1. A solid retrial 2. Good embryo development 3. Successful transfer 4. To stick or not stick...
In the past (2 cycles) we've always had about 12 eggs during stim; 7-8 at the time of retrieval; 2 or less at transfer. I've dreamed, prayed and wished so many times that somehow all of the eggs developed normally, but it never happened...I would get those dreadful phone calls from the nurse informing me the cruel reality, then somehow manage to get through the rest of the diminishing days... But hey, things could be different this time, who knows..?

No comments:

Post a Comment